Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The fire within


Finally I have a chance to do a bit of new work for Baltimore. For those who have been following my work, this year I do have a quilt--river of green--in one of the special displays in the show. Yes, it even made the magazine. How sweet is that?

river of green--38x38"--Ann Brauer--photo by John Polak


So I wanted to make a few more quilts based on this flowing river. Of course I needed a large quilt. This one is tall--about 9 feet tall to be precise.


blue fire--Ann Brauer 2015

blue fire--Ann Brauer 2015

Then a bit of repetition. Aren't they wonderful?



purple fire--quilt--Ann Brauer


More games.  This one can go either vertically or horizontally.
long hanging--13x80"--Ann Brauer

Or horizontally.

long hanging--13x80"--Ann Brauer



But do I have to limit myself to these colors? Instead I decide I must try red with a hint of chartreuse. I start.
red fire--quilt--Ann Brauer


Don't you love that initial curve? What will happen?

red fire--quilt--Ann Brauer


It grows.

red fire--quilt--Ann Brauer


And grows.

red fire--quilt--Ann Brauer


Now what shall I do? Don't you just love how this quilt gives me inspiration for so many other possibilities? Oh I have so many quilts to make. So little time. Baltimore is February 20-22. I am Booth 1207. For more information, do check out their web site
http://shows.craftcouncil.org/baltimore where you can purchase discounted tickets.

4 comments:

  1. I think these are fabulous! Are they flat, or are some of the pieces raised? Hard to tell because I can't click on the photos to enlarge them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are flat Laura. Thanks. I hope to get better images taken next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous; I love the curves you are incorporating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Ann, your work keeps getting more and more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete